Friday, May 27, 2011

"Be Still and know that I am God"

Last night was the last night of the briefing in Miami. There was something about yesterday, I couldnt stop thinking about my twin sister Brooke. I guess it hit me how big of a jump it is to go from being apart for 5 days your whole life to 5 weeks. I miss her already but its not so much about missing her, its about wanting her to experience all this with me. We skyped last night and I can honestly say it was one of the saddest things watching her cry as she talked about her dream of going to Uganda this summer being shattered because of all the unrest over there. My mind was racing with all these ideas of how I could get her here, how I could mae her happy, but then God took a hold of me and made me realize that He is in control of everything. I dont always understand His plans, but I know that they are more beautiful than anything we could ever imagine Brookie. If it was my plan, I would have Brooke here to experience these 5 weeks with me. However Gods plan is different and we have to fight sometimes to understand that.
Brooke I know God has amazing things in store for you this summer. "Be still and know that He is God!" The same God that is with me in Haiti is the same God that is with you in Charlotte. Everything we do is for His kingdom. Your smile, your laugh, your humor can help minister to so many people. You dont always have to think you have to be in another country. I know that we will experience something like this together eventually! But this is our time to be on our own and allow God to just do His work in us. I love you so much!
Ive had to remind myself that its okay to miss someone and to cry. But we must trust God and not allow our emotions to distract what God wants to do through us.
I am so blessed to say that I have a twin sister as special as Brooke. I love you

"For every time you fall apart, there will be a sould to guide your journey. And when you chose to turn away, there in the mirror you will see my face."

3 comments:

  1. we love you cam! love SAM and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU TO DEATH and I am so lucky to have you in my life! this just made my day - Lauren Y

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, that broke my heart last night to see you both crying- and trying to share a tissue over skype! it was actually a precious-and almost funny- sight of two sisters who love each other so very much. We have to trust that God is in control-that he will lift us thru disappointments and guide us thru each day,,,he is the light..the way! kisses! and put on that insect repellent!!!!!!!!!! and take your Juice Plus!!!

    ReplyDelete