Thursday, May 26, 2011

One Day Away

I cant believe I will be in Haiti in less than 24 hours. The team has gathered in Miami for a briefing to just get to know each other and get in Gods word before we head off to an adventure that will will be challenging and also extremely beautiful. Although I just left home yesterday, I feel like I have been here much longer. Half of that is because I miss my twin sister already, but the other half is because the relationships I have built are already incredible. Its crazy to be on a team with 26 strangers knowing that through this 5 week journey their going to become family. In just a matter of spending a day, and sharing testimonies with each other, I feel like they already are family in a sense.
I am very anxious to get on that plane tomorrow. I know that this trip is going to change my life and my heart forever. The directors have already warned everybody that there will be times that are extremely frustrating. They have told us about the frustration that will come along with being extremely hot and sweaty all the time, eating the same food everyday, and living in such tight corners with 26 people. But the beauty that will come out of this trip will outweigh the frustration that comes along with the challenging times. I am so excited to God to rock my world! I have been thinking about home a lot and the people that I miss already, but I know once I get to Haiti and hold the hands of the any children, I wont even think about anything besides the moment I am in.
Please continue to pray for me, for the team, and for the lives we will minister to.
This is where the briefing is taking place. This is my bible study leaders amazing home in Miami that she has opened up for the team to saty in! Its beautiful and has beeb so fun! 
Love, Cam

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you sweet girl- miss you already...but know that this will be an amazing experience for you. You have a light in you that is meant to shine on as many people as possible- so I guess we have to share you! haha! hugs and kisses- and we will be waiting here with open arms for you to come home!!

    ReplyDelete