Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beach Day In Haiti!!!

Wahoo Bay! 

Yesterday we went to Wahoo Bay! It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to in my entire life. We started off the day at the beach by going snorkeling. That was quite an adventure in itself as about twelve people all hopped onto this one small wooden boat and had to balance it out. We went about a mile out and there wasnt enough gear for everyone. We all took turns from treading water to snorkeling. As I was in the middle of the crystal clear water with the most insane mountains surrounding me I just kept thinking to myself how crazy it is that im in Haiti, snorkeling at the most beautiful beach. Although I didnt see anything, it was so worth the experience to be out in the water and remind myself how blessed I am to be here. All day I kept thinking how amazing and beautiful God is. He designed everythifng!
The ride there was beautiful but it was hard to see some of the villages and people on the streets. When I was at the beach I couldnt believe that I was at the same place that is filled with so much poverty and destruction. We drove past where the people were buried from the earthquake, and we drove past hundreds and hundreds of tents and tiny homes all lined up on the mountains. As I was driving past all that, I just reminded myself that even in the brokeness God is still God and He makes beautiful things!
Love the App Crew! 

Although none of us wanted to leave the beach it was awesome to get back in time to see the Sunset! It was so beautiful! I took 260 pictures just yesterday. Cant wait to show you more!

We are headed to Port au Prince againt today to work witht he campus crusade students!

No comments:

Post a Comment