Monday, June 27, 2011

It Is All For You-Goodbye Haiti.

Hate saying Goodbyes. I love my sweet Camalla!
 Genesis 28:15 "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."


Yesterday was an amazing last day in Haiti. It was so great to start off our last day by worshiping with the Haitians at Church. As I was holding these two precious girls hands, looking at them all dressed up in their cute dresses, I just thanked God for giving me the opportunity to be here. The team went to the front of the church and said a big goodbye! We sang a song in creole in front of everyone. I will never forget that moment of looking at all the haitians singing to God in their language. It seemed not to long ago when we attented our first service and sang "Our God Is Greater." I was trying to cherish every second of the day and take little snap shots in my head of all the moments that humbled me. It was extremely hard to say bye to all the families, and kids after church. I held those little angels for as long as I could yesterday after church and when I went to the village for the last time. It broke my heart to see their faces when I said "Mwe alle deme" ( I leave tomorrow). When I said bye to the kids, I squeezed each of them so hard and told them that I love them and WILL BE BACk. Camalla just kept saying "Wi" (yes) after everything I said. Although I cried a little bit, there was a huge sense of peace that I felt as I reminded myself that God planned when I would come to Haiti and when I would leave as well. I will miss many things and will never forget hearing their sweet voices call me, "Camen." I spent my last night at the compound on the roof looking up at the stars, talking to God about all the emotions that were running through me. As I could see Port au Prince all lite up in the far distance, it was a perfect moment to remember that God makes beautiful things out of dust. He uses broken places and broken people to make beautiful things out of us as well. I am extremely blessed to have had God reveal so many things to me through this incredible journey.

I am now back in America! I dont think it has really hit me yet that I will not be sleeping in the compound tonight, going to the village later today, and seeing my angels. It has been the most beautiful and also challenging 5 weeks of my life. We are all staying in Florida for 2 days for a debriefing-a time to pray, to reflect back on what we experienced, and to discuss how to adjust being back home. Ive already experienced culture shock. The drive from the airport to the hotel was so smooth, I washed my hands with soap and water, I can understand people, and the water is not salty. Its hard to wrap my mind around being surrounded by mud hutts and then in the same day im back in America staying in a 4 star resort. Its a lot to take in, a lot to think about, and a lot of change.
Love this precious boy. 
The devotional out of Jesus Calling could have not been more perfect for what I am feeling today. I wanted to share it with you.
"Rest with me a while. You have journeyed up a steep rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nore before you. Instead focus your attention on Me, your constant companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey. I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldnt bear to see  all your life at once, Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you, Refresh yourself in my company, breathing deep draughts of My presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Camen : ) i love you and even though I know how hard it must have been to say goodbye. I'm so excited to hug you! I'll see you at the airport! love you

    ReplyDelete