Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Sweet Monday In Haiti

MY sweet girl Camalla

Yesterday we started a new task for work. The girls worked in the garden and pulled out weeds while the boys went in the chicken coop and dug up poop. It was so fun to work right next to where the kids had school because during their recess we got to take a break and play with them! Its quite overwhelming and very chaotic when about 100 kids are all wanting to be held and played with, but I must say it is a very beautiful thing to be apart of. We were all getting tackeled. Its amazing to see how jealous the kids get of each other when your only holding one of them. This little girl got punched in the throat by a little boy because he wanted me to hold him and not her. I brought her into the school and held her for about 30 minutes while she cried. It was so sad. As I was holding her while the other kids were climbing on me and circling around me screaming "photo" my heart started to break as I thought about how all these kids want is affection. 
When we got back to work in the garden, some of the older Haitians just grabbed some shovels and started helping. It was so great to watch all of us working together. They have the biggest hearts and are the hardest workers. It was very humbling to see how much they love to serve. I met this one 19 year old girl. She was one of the sweetest people and we both started singing "Forever God is Faithful" as we worked together. It amazing to watct Haitians sing, they have the most joyful smiles on their faces and they love to sing praises to God all throughout the day.
I was so happy when I saw my little girl Camalla outside the fence in the garden. I gave her one look and smiled at her, and she started running to me and just jumped in my arms. I could hold that little girl for days :)

I am excited to see what God has planned for today. I know He is all around me and His presence with me is a promise. Please continue to pray for me and for the team!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of the work you are doing and so happy to hear of your experiences. God is smiling you on sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete