Friday, June 17, 2011

Ephesians 2:10

Held this baby for hours yesterday
 "For we are Gods workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Yesterday I worked at the vision clinic again. After putting lens in the glasses and holding the cutest babies, I was able to sit down and share the gospel with the patients. First we got their information and asked them about their vision, and then we would ask if they knew Jesus Christ. This old man said that he had recieved Christ a long time ago and then fell away but wanted to rededicate his life to Him. It was so amazing to be apart of his renewal. I prayed for him and had a translator with me. Another patient told me that she was already a Christian but wanted me to pray that she would have wisdom to keep following the way of Christ. I had many God moments while being there yesterday and I know that I will never forget them.
Showing them pictures of my family while they wait in line. It was very special. Miss and love you guys!
We couldnt see everyone yesterday. Many people waited for a long time and werent able to be seen. Therefore they didnt get the food that we give the patients on their way out. When we were leaving we had some leftover bags of rice and beans and started giving them to some people. That soon turned into an extremely chaotic experience. While I was in the back of the "tap tap" it was so hard to see people screaming, reaching, and fighting each other for one bag of rice and beans. The hardest part about that was knowing that I was going to be able to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch on the ride home without any trouble. I didnt really know how to feel, or what to think. When my mind is trying to wrestle with all my thoughts and circumstances I experience, God reminds me to just talk to Him about it. There is a sense of peace that goes over me whenever I do that. Times like those are extremely hard but I know that God is teaching me so much through it.

Pastor Pier talked to the teams last night about storms in our lives. He talked about the places that God will lead us to and what He will allow us to experience. He said, "You will go, and you will return, but there will be rough waters in the journey. God knows that there will be rough patches along the way, but He promises us that He is always with us." God is so good and in these amazing but also challenging days, I am holding tight to the promise He gives us.

"Whatever I require of you is to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Me-wherever I lead"-Jesus Calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment