Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fixing Our Eyes On Him

Yesterday I volunteered to join the "GAIN" team (Global Aide Network) and work with them at the vision clinic. It was one of the best experiences I have had here. We drove about 45 minutes in the tap tap to work in this tent on the mountain that was surrounded by hundreds of other tents that people live in. When we got there, there were about 60 people already waiting to be seen. They sure needed the extra hands. We set up "stations" in the tent. When it was their turn to be seen, they would first sit down and hear about the gospel. We gave them each the "gospel bracelets and decribed what each color represented. Then they would get their eyes checked to see what kind of glasses they needed. On their way out we handed each person a hygene packed, sunglasses, and a bag of rice and beans. Even though the heat was scorching and we had to use the bathroom in a bucket on the "tap tap" it was so amazing to witness all that God did in just 4 hours of being there!
As so many people were waiting, I got to go around and talk with them and hold the children. The moms would just wave me over to them and give me their baby to hold. It was amazing to hold many babies, watch the haitians hear about the gospel, see them get glasses so they can see, and have them walk out with food and things they need all at the same time under one small tent. I saw Gods hands working in so many ways yesterday and I am so blessed to have been apart of that! It makes me want to become an eye doctor and do medical missions!

We are going into Port au Prince today and I am sharing my testimony at the University! Please pray for me! 2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing experience! God is using you- and molding you thru these missions..love and miss you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete