Saturday, June 25, 2011

You Have Made Me New

2 Corinthians 4:5-9 "For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ our Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let the light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed." 

It is hard to believe that I only have 2 more full days here in Haiti before we go back to Florida for the debriefing. Part of me feels like I have been here forever, and the other part of me feels like it has gone by fast. We have begun the process of saying our goodbyes. Yesterday was the last day to play with the kids during their recess, we will say goodbye to the University students when we go to Port au Prince today for the campus crusade weekly meeting, and we will say goodbye to all the kids and families once we spend a full day with them tomorrow. I am trying to just soak everything in. Its is quite overwhelming. 

Yesterday, we went to Pastor Piers house in Port au Prince and had a pool party. We road in the back of a pick up truck on the way there and back. It was crazy!! We have driven through Port au Prince so many times now throughout these 5 weeks, and everytime we do, I get even more overwhelmed of the things I see. I know God has taught me many things from seeing such poverty and destruction. 
When we got back to the compound I walked to Chambrun. As soon as I entered into the childrens home, the kids ran up to me yelling, "Camen, Camen!" all reaching their arms out for me to hold them. Its crazy to see how much they love you even though you hardly can communicate with them. They are amazing and have touched my heart in more ways than I could have imagined. Those moments make it hard for me to feel ready to leave. But I am reminding myself that God planned when I would come here and when I would leave. His timing is perfect. God has blessed my life in so many ways by bringing me here and He has really used this experience to help shape me into the woman He has called me to be. Please pray for me as I finish out this God given journey. I cant believe my twin sister is coming to Haiti today! Even though we are in such different areas in Haiti, it is amazing to know that we are both here for 2 days. Please pray for her as she is about to start her own experience that will change her life. 

All my love, Cam. 

2 comments:

  1. I love you angel! You will see your brothers and sisters again, I promise. I'll be there next time too:) stay strong and know that is not about where you are, it's about who you serve! And you serve one massive God who adores you and will never leave you! I'm on the plane now finally. It's been one crazy morning. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are y'all trying to make me cry for the entire week?!

    ReplyDelete